Do you have an idea for a new performance work for Melbourne Fringe? Want the support of a 25-year old circus organisation to develop and produce it?
Applications for 2019 are now open
To apply fill out the Expression of Interest Form at the bottom of this page
Applications close January 6th 2019 at midnight (applicants notified by C.O.B Thursday 10th of January)
Designed for emerging women* identifying circus and physical theatre artists, Still I Rise will support the development of a season of a new performance work in the West as part of one of Melbourne’s most vital festivals, the Melbourne Fringe Festival.
Women’s Circus aims to support the delivery of a new Australian work by an emerging artist and to provide new avenues for individual artists to create and engage with their communities. We hope that through this program we can create new networks and foster partnerships for future collaborations. Women’s Circus is dedicated to creating and supporting work by women* identifying artists and the development of platforms where they can explore their stories and their creative practice.
What kind of artists can be a part of Still I Rise?
- Have an original production and one that has not been produced before
- Preference to artists working within the Circus artform
- Applicants who identify as women* and who are in their first 5 years of practice. The applicant’s creative team can include those who identify as male, or gender diverse.
What’s in it for the artists?
- Up to $10,000 of in-kind support from Women’s Circus (4 weeks of rehearsal space and 6 weeks of administrative support)
- A choice of local venues for your season- at low or no cost
- The use of costumes and specialised equipment
- A financial contribution of $1000 from Women’s Circus towards the production
- Up to 40 hours of Production,Creative and Marketing support from the Executive Director and Artistic Director of Women’s Circus
- Melbourne Fringe fee covered
- Any funding submissions auspiced by Women’s Circus
What does the artist need to do?
- Source other funding through grants, sponsorship, crowdfunding, in-kind support- in order to support the production season at Melbourne Fringe.
- Provide a Production Manager/Producer who will work alongside Women’s Circus Executive Director to develop grants, budgets, project timelines, liaise with venues, develop marketing collateral and more.
- Sign a contract with Women’s Circus and undergo an induction to the space
- Acknowledge Women’s Circus support and use their logo in all marketing and promotions
- Commit to 8% fee for any grants auspiced by Women’s Circus
- Create an awesome new work!
*Women’s Circus welcomes any member who identifies as, or has lived as a woman, or identifies as non-binary.