We are seeking new board members who are aligned with our mission and values and wish to be part of an active board to drive, guide and govern our wonderful organisation.
We are looking for people with experience and/or skills in the following:
- Professional background in Financial Management or Accounting
- Circus or another live performance artform
- Professional background in Fundraising and Development
- Proven experience developing relationships with, and securing funding from, philanthropic organisations
- Not-for-Profits, Community Organisation and/or Purpose led organisations,
- Arts & Culture
- Risk Management
We strongly encourage applications from trans and gender diverse community members, people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, First Nations people and Disabled People. We are committed to inclusive and responsive meeting practice and communication and vary our processes to suit the diverse access requirements of our board members and community.
Your Responsibilities as a Board Member:
Women’s Circus is a company limited by guarantee. All Directors of Women’s Circus are bound by the company’s constitution, relevant rules and legislation, including the Corporations Act 2001.
The role and responsibilities of a Director are described in the Women’s Circus Board Charter and include:
- Participation in, and contribution to, approximately 10 to 12 Board meetings per year
- Oversight of effective governance of the organisation
- Formulation of the strategic direction
- Recruitment and oversight of the Executive Director
- Reviewing, approving and monitoring the business plan and annual budget
- Contribution to the development of board and organisational policies
- Involvement on board sub-committees
In addition to the above, Directors are also expected to attend and assist in Women’s Circus fundraising, community and end of year shows, as well as promote and represent Women’s Circus in a professional capacity at various functions and forums held across Melbourne.
Members of the Women’s Circus community are encouraged to apply! However persons employed either currently or in the past 12 months as employees, contractors or auditors of the Women’s Circus are not eligible to apply.
How to find out more:
You can read the full position description here: Position Description – Board
Contact email@example.com to request a copy of the Board Charter, setting out the responsibilities, governance procedures and other matters relating to the operation of the Board.
To express your interest:
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your Curriculum Vitae and a cover letter describing your motivation to contribute to our great organisation, as well as your relevant skills and experience.